Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Boutique: Business Highlight {Vessel Handmade}

So the Fall Boutique is in 2 1/2 weeks! 
Did you catch the last 3 businesses that were highlighted the past few Wednesday's? Make sure you read about Jubilee's Jewels, Long Changed and Periwinkle Poste!

Today I would like to introduce you to Kristen who is the designer and creator of,

Tell me a little bit about yourself: 
I am a wife and a mommy who homeschools, foster parents, sews and drinks way too much coffee (to keep me going of course). I am a believer and servant of Jesus Christ. I love to cook, craft, and live life...all while blogging about it along the way.

Tell me about Vessel Handmade:
Vessel Handmade is a newly branded handmade business founded in Orange County, CA. A crafty mamas dream turned reality. Pulling from her love of sewing and creating, Kristen started the business in hopes of being home with her babies and with an excuse to sit behind her sewing machine all day. Since her hands weren't full enough with two kids in tow and a emerging business, she started a blog. Over at the Vessel blog you can find tutorials and recipes. But mostly just a homeschooling, coffee drinking, business running mama's day to day adventures. 

How did you come up with the idea to start Vessel Handmade?

Vessel Handmade originated as Rock-A-Bow, a hairbow and tutu company inspired by the new little girls around. As I began to teach myself to sew, the looks of the business slowly changed. It became a stitched boutique serving women and children alike. It was time for new branding. After praying long and hard, God reminded me that this business and my blog were a way for me to serve as His vessel. In that moment I knew where I was headed and Vessel Handmade was born. 

Where do you draw your inspiration from? 

All over the place. My inspiration comes from my kids, from new trends, from my friends. I am constantly being inspired to create new and fresh designs. 

Tell me about some of your products: 

The hottest products in the shop right now are the always popular artfolio, a fun little art accessory with a hard service that everyone seems to enjoy, and the newer genuine leather clutches. Our clutches are currently being sold in a few high end boutiques and salons in Orange County.

Which are your favorites? 

My favorites are always changing. Right now I am loving our purses. I have been offering little girl bags for a while and LOVE them. I recently released a leather and canvas duo bag that I can't get enough of.

What are your goals for Vessel Handmade? 

The business started as a creative outlet to bring in a little extra cash. Just like everything else in this little biz, that has gradually morphed. Vessel's goal is to continue providing enough income that I can stay home with my kids and foster babes. 

Where do we look to find your products? 

Like I mentioned before we are located in a few boutiques and salons, the most local one is Pink Laundry which is located in Newport and Villa Park. You can also see us hopping around the handmade market circle. And of course you can always find us at http://www.vesselhandmade.storenvy.com/


Here are a few samples of what you will find at Vessel Handmade's table. 



My boys each have their own crayon roll and they're perfect for keeping in their backpacks. Half the fun is unrolling and rolling back up the roll. :)


No comments: